- Fulfillment Fees
- Seller Score and Penalties
- Garment Labelling
The fee structure is set as follows (all in ZAR, excl. VAT):
- Shipping Cost Contribution (per order) - R30
- Return fee (subject to 9) R0 - Optional fees (at Seller request)
- Picture cost (per style)* R100
- Should the Seller request Zando to take pictures of products, the Seller shall be entitled to use those pictures (excluding model images) for marketing the sale of their products on www.zando.co.za only. Whenever these photographs are used by the Seller, there must be a link redirecting potential customers to those products on www.zando.co.za. The Seller shall not be entitled to use the pictures for any other marketing purposes unless expressly agreed to by Zando.
How to view and export your Account Statement on Seller Center
- Go to Reports > Accounts Statements
- All statements for the previous months' stock sold are available in this section
- You can select the period you are interested in (ex. 01 Jan 2020 - 31 Jan 2020) to get a general overview and then:
- Click on "Download all Transactions" to get an Excel document with the details of all your credits and debits
- Click on "Print Account Statement" to get the possibility to print the general overview.
- Click on "Sales Report" to get an Excel document with all your sales on an order level.
- The payout amount is the amount payable to you.
- Payments will be made at the end of each month for the previous month’s stock sold.
- You are no longer required to provide the Financial department with an invoice
Seller Score and Penalties:
What are the metrics that affect my seller score?
Your seller score is now calculated based only on your Out Of Stock / cancellation rate and return rate for quality reasons. Before the introduction of TAAC, your seller score was calculated based on your fulfillment speed (within 48h) in addition to your Out Of Stock / Cancellation rate and your Quality Score (average of your rejection & return rates)
What if I am a new seller?
You start on Jumia with a seller score of 3 until you turn 30 days old on Jumia and you fulfill at least 5 orders. The seller score will then rise or fall depending on your operational performance on the 2 metrics described in point 1.
How does Traffic as a Currency help Vendors?
Traffic as a currency is meant to offer the best visibility to sellers with the best operations: the higher your seller score, the more traffic your store will receive on Jumia.
With traffic as a currency, the seller score is calculated based on sellers’ performance on 2 metrics only, over the last 28 days and is refreshed on a weekly basis. This implies that a seller has ample opportunity to recover his score by simply ensuring that his orders are not cancelled and that his items are of good quality.
On top of that, sellers are no longer penalised for every mistake they make: if their seller score is good overall (above 3) they will not be financially penalized even if they make punctual mistakes (1 order out of stock, 1 return for quality reason…). Indeed, they will only be impacted by the “contribution for low seller score” if they make a significant number of errors, dragging their score below 3.
Are sellers still charged for each late order fulfillment on Jumia?
There are no more charges for late order fulfillment with TAAC.
Are sellers still charged for returns?
There are no more charges for returns except for counterfeit cases. Please note that counterfeit charges will occur for counterfeit spots at any time of your journey, not only returned items. Also, note that your seller score affects the level of QC check at our hubs. If your Seller score is less than 4, your products will be subjected to a 100% QC check at the hub prior to shipping.
Are ALL return reasons impacting my Seller score?
Returns identified by Jumia as damaged by Jumia or customers are no longer impacting your Seller Score (regardless of customer return reasons). Only return reasons related to the quality of the items you shipped impact your seller score.
Can my seller score be amended if I feel there is an error in the Seller score calculation?
Unfortunately, once the seller score is calculated it cannot be overridden. Keep in mind that single errors (made by you, customers or Jumia) now have a very limited impact on your shop: you will only have a low seller score and incur a potential contribution if your overall operations are poor.
That being said, if the error you spotted is a valid one and led you to pay a Contribution for Low Seller Score, we will refund you the corresponding amount.
It is required that sellers comply with the following SABS “Codes of Practice”:
The requirements and specifications of the labelling is as follows:
- Must be clearly visible and no part of the information can be obscured
- Trade name or trademark may precede or follow indication of fiber content
- Ensuring fabric or article is appropriately labeled and the information is easily accessible to Zando when product is sold or displayed
Size of labels
- Either woven or printed on satin
- Size to be 20mm x 90mm (total including fold)
- Must be of suitable size and material so that the information is clearly legible.
- Must withstand the appropriate cleaning treatment throughout the useful life of the product
- Where it is in direct contact with the wearer’s body it must not cause irritation to the skin (e.g. scratching)
- Application of labels or marking
- Must be marked or labeled on one or more of the following ways:
- On a label securely attached to the article (i.e. sew-in label)
- On packaging or label attached to packaging
- By swing-tag or sticker
- The generic name
- Or the generic name and the trade name
- Must be in one or more of the official languages in South Africa
- By the % symbol
- Or by the word percent
- The percentage must be indicated unless otherwise stated
Products containing two or more fibres:
- Where both products are different fibres and are sold together as a complete unit (i.e. two-piece suit or skirt with a bodice)
- Indicate the fibre content of each unit or component
- Where both products are the same fibre content and are sold as a complete unit (i.e. skirt and top) only one label or indication of fibre content is required.
Individual Sales Packaging and Article Numbers
- The Seller shall deliver all individual articles in individual packaging (e.g. shoe boxes, polybags).
- The individual packaging must be unrestrictedly suitable for onward sale to end consumers. In particular, this means that it must be undamaged and clean both outside and inside (e.g. tissue paper).
- The Seller shall label the individual article by a clear article number in each case. A clear article number only exists if the number refers to the individual article as homogeneously-sorted.
- The color code must be integrated into the article number. If the Seller does not use different article numbers for different colors of an article, the Seller must state the color in an additional way (other than stating the specific color).
- The article number must be identical with the article number stated in the Purchase Order confirmation. Otherwise, delays in the acceptance of merchandise will result. If a comparison of the article numbers is also not possible individually (instead of technically), this can lead to the merchandise being deposited in storage for blocked stock and to considerable delays in the entire logistics procedure. In addition, interim storage in storage for blocked stock incurs costs; Zando reserves the right to invoice the Seller for these costs.
If for any reason, a product is required to be sent back to the Seller, Zando will retrieve the product from the Customer and make it available for the Seller to collect at the Collection Hub in Cape Town.
- Returns will be quality checked on a bi-weekly basis (on Mondays and Wednesdays)
- Returns will be available for collection at our Cape Town warehouse
7-8 West Building, North precinct
Topaz Boulevard, Montague Gardens
- You will receive a daily email with the list of your returns to collect
- To collect your returns, you will have to set a "Picker" on SellerCenter: Settings > Manage Pickers > Add Picker
- You can write the name of your picker and you will then get a password that your picker will have to give while collecting the returns.
- If your returns are not collected within 60 days, they will be forfeited.
- You now have access to a new dashboard called "My Dashboard" in your Account Statements section where you can see the details of your returns statuses.